Communications Officer at World Vision International (Rwanda), Kigali - CLOSE : 03/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Reference : 5880-11G06039
Town/City : Kacyiru Sud
Application Deadline Date : 03-Jan-17
International Role : No - Only National applicants will be considered.
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Communications Officer. This position will be based at the World Vision Rwanda Head Office, Kacyiru, Kigali and reporting to the Communications Manager.
Purpose of the position :
Provide communications support to World Vision Rwanda stakeholders both internal and external to enhance marketing of World Vision Rwanda projects as well as providing in-county publicity. This communications includes stories both feature and news, opinion pieces and press releases and photographs, books, magazines etc
The major responsibilities include :
• Increase awareness of WV Ministry (write news stories, feature articles and staff news, photographs, annual reports, brochures, calendars, press conferences, videos e.t.c on World Vision Rwanda and its activities for dissemination in the local and international media- newspapers, radios, televisions, websites and World Vision partnership database).
• Market WVR as a Christian organization and routinely provide information about WVR activities to support offices, the partnership, Government, other Civil Society Organizations and the public at large through magazines, leaflets, websites, direct mail appeal and international media and for sponsor recruitment.
• Promote WVR advocacy work by producing communication materials/resources such as fact sheets and special reports that promote the welfare of disadvantaged children, families and communities.
• Provide technical communication support to other World Vision Rwanda divisions, departments and projects in the production of publications in line with WV Communication Policy.
• Perform public relations function such as issuing press releases, organizing media coverage, briefing media, correcting wrong perceptions by providing information on WVR and its ministry to local and foreign individuals and organizations seeking it.
• Handle media relations role to enhance the working relationship between WVR and media in coverage for strategic positioning of WVR
• Regularly update the World Vision Rwanda website. Play a leading role organizing World Vision’s major events and events management.
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
• A bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or Public Relations.
• Two years’experience preferably in a busy NGO with a child sponsorship program.
Other Competencies/Attributes :
• Excellent Knowledge of photography, video editing and production on development programmes.
• Knowledge of relevant computer/publishing programs.
• Energetic, smart and creative worker.
• Cultural sensitivity to represent World Vision Rwanda in local and international contexts.
• Commitment to the Vision and Mission of World Vision
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
Working Environment / Conditions :
• Work environment : Office-based with frequent travel to the field
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience :
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying onlinevia the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system,CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face challenges applying through the online system, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 3rd January 2017 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks