Director, Strategic Change, Communications and Learning at World Vision,Kigali-Rwanda-CLOSE:15/05/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Director, Strategic Change, Communications and Learning
Application Deadline Date 15-May-17
Category Strategy, Collaboration & Innovation
Type Open-ended, Full-time
International Role No - Only National applicants will be considered.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (country or US State) where WVI is registered to operate. Preferred location : Melbourne, Australia ; United States ; Manila, Philippines and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
The Strategic Change Director role is responsible for managing the Strategic Change, Communications and Training function for WV IT. This function supports the Global CIO and Senior Directors in the implementation of WV IT strategic change initiatives that support the achievement of organization goals. This role manages strategic change, communication and training support across all the WV IT functional areas and across multiple regions. It plays an integral part in the implementation of the WV IT Target Operating Model within WV IT and in the expansion of the WV IT Target Operating Model to National Office ICT staff.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Business and IT Strategy :
· Develops the tactical components and strategies to achieve goals and works with GICT Senior Directors and Managers to facilitate the development of strategies to achieve goals.
· Works with business partners to understand business needs.
· Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support business strategy.
Change Management :
· Articulates change and works with Global ICT Leadership to articulate change and develop and implement an appropriate change management, training and communications plan.
· Is active and visible throughout the change process.
· Provides frequent, communication to department/organization and clients about the change (i.e., rationale, expected outcomes, the "big” picture) and the impact of the change (individual and business).
· Builds a coalition of sponsorship (managers, staff and clients) and manages resistance to the change.
· Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
· Assists GICT Senior Leadership to educate customers on the demand management and governance process.
· Develops and implements a change management, communications and training strategy to facilitate demand management and governance process compliance.
Process Improvements :
· Works with Global ICT leadership to initiate and manage the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
· Owns the change management, training and communications plan for the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that the plan is followed.
· Participates in the development of IT budgets.
· Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
· Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
· Measures service performance and implements improvements.
Service Level Agreements (SLAs) :
· Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
· Works with GICT Senior Leadership to develop and implement a change management, communications and training plan to ensure internal SLAs are negotiated and met.
Vendor Management :
· Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
· Assists to ensure contracts are in place.
· Reviews service provider performance.
· Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
Resource Management :
· Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
· Discusses work progress and obstacles.
· Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
· Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely across teams.
· Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
· Documents and presents performance assessments.
· Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
· Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
Workforce Planning :
· Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required to achieve goals.
· Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives within multiple COCs or functions.
· Makes significant contributions to build ICT capability in GICT and the field through the development of an integrated learning function and delivery of competency based target learning initiatives.
· Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
· Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
· 8-10 years’ experience in change management, training and communications related fields, preferably within a global organisation.
· Typically has 10 to 15 years of business/industry work experience, with knowledge of one or more processes/services.
· Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver multiple project(s) on time and within budget.
· Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
Working Environment/Conditions :
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.