Finance and Support Services Director at World Vision International, Kigali - CLOSE : 10/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Reference : 5681-18N10007
Town/City : Kigali
Application Deadline Date : 10-Jan-17
International Role : Yes
Duration : 1-2 Years
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
To provide overall leadership and management of the finance function, by promoting financial stewardship, accountability, reliability and accuracy of financial information to be used by senior Leadership team for decision making.
To develop and implement financial policies, ensuring compliance at all levels, and to ensure effective resource acquisition, utilization and safe guarding of assets according to WV approved policies and procedures.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Strategic Financial Planning and Management :
• Coordinate and guide the process of benchmark strategy in relation with the new cost allocation methodology and advise management on strategic resource acquisition and allocation in line with the approved regional recommendations.
• Manage organization’s budget, cash flow and project funding, in collaboration with the Operations Director.
• Coordinate the budgeting process and contribute to the preparation of the annual operating plan as per guidelines.
• Prepare a quarterly analysis of the financial situation of the organization.
Promote Financial Accountability and Reporting :
• Ensure staff know about the organization’s Finance policies, guidelines and standards.
• Ensure the submission of timely, accurate and complete relevant reporting and compliance with year-end closing process and carry forward guidelines.
• Conduct quarterly field visits to monitor on accountability issues, follow up on implementation of audit findings and provide support.
• Work through Supply chain to establish pre-qualification of suppliers to ensure cost efficiency, effectiveness and economies of scale.
Financial Risk Management :
• Ensure that appropriate financial systems and internal controls are in place both at the head office and project levels.
• Plan for and facilitation of National office internal audit and statutory external audit.
Leadership and Team Management :
• Ensure competent and motivated Finance staff are hired and retained.
• Facilitate the Senior Leadership Team and other Non-finance staff in understanding and interpretation of financial statements, partnership policies and procedures.
• Participate in the Senior Management/ Leadership team meetings.
• Ensure implementation of new global initiatives involving Finance.
Strategic Networks and Relationships :
• Develop good networks and relationships internally within the wider World Vision International organisation and externally with other NGO, Banking entities and government regulatory bodies.
• Attend and actively participate in Regional Strategic meetings.
• In collaboration with the National Director, develop and maintain productive and effective relationships with support offices, regional office, and the global centre.
• In consultation with the National Director, develop and maintain good relationships with major (government/private) donors and World Vision Support Offices.
• Develop and maintain productive relationships with other divisions such as IPD, Programs development and quality assurance, and People and Culture ensuring that they support effective Program implementation.
IT Infrastructure, Security & Service Delivery :
• Ensure improved office/programs connectivity.
• Facilitate and ensure preparation of and adherence to appropriate computer Usage Policies.
• Ensure office disaster preparedness and policies are updated to include new technologies, trends and threats.
Procurement and Administrative Services :
• Coordinate and ensure an optimal interface between the supply chain and business units for efficient customer service delivery.
• Ensure improved vehicles management & security via use of appropriate vehicle management system.
• Oversee the compliance with security management procedures and ensure that appropriate security infrastructure is in place at all operational and residential sites.
• Ensure that Administarative services are efficient and effective to support the over all organizational business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
• Masters’ degree and Professional Qualification in Finance or Accountancy.
• Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
• Knowledge of and experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
• Must have a proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and a practical knowledge of financial systems and internal controls.
• Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & Vision. Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programs and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, and over of 5 years’ experience in financial accounting at Managerial level.
• Requires experience in negotiation skills, and experience/in depth knowledge of business requirements and financial processes.
• Good leadership skills and experience in working with and leading a team of technical staff and/or cross-functional teams.
• Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
• Must be a mature and committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Must attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff Demonstrated business acumen or entrepreneurial experience.
• Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary.
• Ability to gather and analyses information or data on current and future trends of best practice.
• Ability to identifies the ongoing needs of internal and/or external clients.
• Ability to function in high security risk situations.
Work Environment/Travel :
• Office-based, with occasional travels to the field.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE