INTERN - Procurement Department at American Refugee Committee (ARC), Rwanda, DEADLINE : 23-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
POSITION TITLE : Intern - Procurement Department
DEPARTMENT OR COUNTRY PROGRAM : Rwanda
RESPONSIBLE TO : Procurement Manager
STATUS : Full time (Nov 28th – Dec 31st)
DEPARTMENT/ COUNTRY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/ MISSION
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the wellbeing and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
ARC is looking for a vibrant, result driven, innovative and highly involved Intern (non-staff, temporary role with no salary or benefits attached) to support its Procurement unit in delivering effective procurement services. This is an opportunity for a fresh or continuing graduate student to explore a career interest while enhancing his/her educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in procurement tasks and processes. It will also provide the graduate with exposure and learning on the working environment of an International NGO and a better understanding of ARC Rwanda’s mission and activities.
The Intern role will be based in Kigali, and will be directly supervised by the Procurement Manager and will also be expected to provide level of support to the logistics team in the ARC Warehouse. The intern will be a self-motivated and client oriented person, with strong sense of personal ethic, integrity, and a big appetite for knowledge and accountability.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• To carry out research and field assessments to determine the current status of the ARC Rwanda prequalified vendors
• To support the procurement department in identification of new vendors in key areas to be considered for pre-qualification.
• To compile best practices, lessons learnt and experiences on the documentation and communication flow in the supply chain processes (e.g. from issuance of PO to notification of delivery by the warehouse)
• To ensure proper filing structure and record keeping of all procurement documents and create a master log for these
• Provide support to the operations department in workshops, conferences, where applicable.
• Document any delivery deficiencies or discrepancies when informed by the Warehouse/Department and notify the procurement Manager to ensure corrective actions take place.
EXPENSES AND COSTS
All costs such related to the internship MUST be borne by the intern unless provided for by a sponsoring institution, e.g. university, education programme, etc. However, ARC will provide the intern with a modest daily allowance paid at the end of the calendar month, as well as transport facilitation within Kigali to perform any ARC Rwanda procurement related assignments
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE :
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
• Evidenced completion of secondary school education
• Evidence of recent graduation or current pursuit of a university degree in procurement, logistics and supply chain management ;
• Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
• Nil ;
NB : Please apply only if you fulfill the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Please send applications to RWJobs@arcrelief.org by Wednesday November 23rd, 2016. Interviews tentatively planned for Friday November 25th, 2016. Individuals applying and who will not have heard back from ARC by Thursday November 24th, 2016 should consider their request unsuccessful.