JOB : 2 Technical Advisor I at FHI 360, Kigali, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Job ID : 16622
Area : Laboratory Services
# of Openings Remaining : 2
Position Location : Rwanda-Kigali
About FHI 360 :
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology ; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of : Technical Advisor I
Job Summary / Responsibilities :
• Provide technical leadership in a specific technical component and/or program wide activities.
• With technical oversight, provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation ; and capacity- building of specific technical components of programs.
• Participate in resource development activities.
• Responsible for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities, and following the standards and practices of the department and division.
• Responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines.
• Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
• Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, bilateral and other NGOs.
• Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components.
• Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound.
• May serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues.
• Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
• Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
• Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
• Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English ; fluent in host country language.
• Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
How To Apply
To Apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.