JOB : Administrative Assistant and Logistics AT Letshego Rwanda Limited, Deadline : 21-07-2017
More in Job Vacancies
1. Administrative Assistant and Logistics
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the position holder will be responsible for directly support the Operations in logistics/procurement and CMC in the fulfilment of their roles.
Key Responsibilities :
The key responsibilities for this position include but not limited to the following ;
- Supports the CMC by establishing and maintaining appropriate functions and processes to achieve group objectives e.g. arranges meetings/telephone conference calls and coordinates diary for the CMC, arranges CMC’s internal and external appointments and receives CEO’s, CMC and Leadership teams’ guests.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CMC including : managing an extremely active calendar of appointments ; completing expense reports ; composing and preparing confidential correspondence ; arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Prepares and edits correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents for CMC members as requested and other tasks that facilitate the CMC ability to effectively lead their functions.
- Provides a bridge for effective communication between the CMC offices and internal departments ; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Participates as a support member to the CMC, and other Country and Group leadership teams including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending certain meetings.
- Acts as secretary to certain Committee meetings - records, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings as well as monitoring and responding to incoming communications.
- Conducts research, collects and analyses data to prepare reports and documents.
- Liaises with internal staff at all levels and interact with external clients as required.
- Ensure that airport and hotel bookings, office pickups are done timeously for Board members, CMC, Leadership team, CEOs and visitors and arrange car hire where necessary.
- Undertakes any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms, build and maintain suppliers relationship
- Recommend the ordering of necessary goods and services
- Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Maintain all information Confidential and accurate
- Foresee alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expect unfavourable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Perform risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Ensure all procured items demonstrate Sustained Value
- Present all needed procurement items to procurement committee and execute the outcomes.
- Ensure all procurement processes follow LRL procurement policies.
Personal Attributes :
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders,
including staff, CEOs, board members, external partners and donors
- Prioritizes conflicting needs ; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on outstanding issues to successful completion within agreed deadlines.
- Self-starter with good initiative and emotional maturity
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to deliver effectively and independently
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Must be multi-culturally aware and be willing to work across geographic diversity
Knowledge and Experience Required :
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent
- At least 3 and above years relevant experiencein Office Administration and Logistics/ Procurement officer ;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Experience of management development and skills training a bonus ;
- Good understanding of the role of Human Capital in delivering business goals and objectives
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written in English and French
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response as well as confidentiality
If you meet the above criteria, send your application letter accompanied by an updated C.V. explaining how your experience, character and skills fit the above position not later than 21st July 2017. All applications should be sent using the "Apply for this job" button below.