JOB : Chief Medical Officer at Partners In Health / Inshuti Mu Buzima, Rwinkwavu, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Job Title : Chief Medical Officer, Partners In Health / Inshuti Mu Buzima
Reports to : Executive Director
Location : Rwinkwavu, Rwanda
Since its inception in 2005, Partners In Health/Inshuti Mu Buzima (PIH/IMB) has partnered with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to deliver dramatic gains in population health, equity and prosperity in previously underserved rural communities. PIH/IMB complements health services provided by the GOR with quality improvement, health delivery innovation, education and capacity building, and rigorous measurement and research platforms with the goal of raising the standard of care for all Rwandans. Leveraging academic partnerships with several Harvard-based institutions known collectively as the Global Health Delivery Partnership (GHDP) has allowed PIH/IMB to support the public sector in transforming three IMB-supported districts into health delivery innovation and learning hubs and supporting the process of taking innovations to national scale.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for positioning PIH/IMB as a global thought leader in health systems strengthening, modeling high-quality health care delivery with an emphasis on equity. The CMO ensures that PIH/IMB continues to work in close collaboration with the public sector to address the burden of disease and gaps in the health system, driving innovation and helping to bring successful interventions to national scale. This pivotal role spans from the local to the global, ensuring that strategic and policy decisions are not merely evidence-based, but also informed by social context and the complex realities of front line health care delivery.
• As a member of the executive leadership team, contribute to overall organizational strategic planning and decision-making (10%)
• Build an effective team by recruiting, coaching, and mentoring district clinical directors and clinical program leaders and technical staff and work with Human Resources to ensure staff have a career development pathway, receive regular assessment and feedback and have active development plans. (20%)
• Ensure effective implementation of clinical programs to achieve PIH/IMB’s global and country clinical priorities including seamless coordination between cross-sites and district teams in line with Government of Rwanda and Ministry of Health guidelines and priorities (20%)
• Strengthen PIH/IMB’s health delivery “Innovation pipeline” working with the Ministry of Health to define key areas for innovation and develop overall clinical strategies to ensure that priorities are aligned and innovations are brought to scale (20%)
• Leverage the Global Health Delivery Partnership to help PIH/IMB address disease burden and gap, and work with Rwanda’s health sector to forge new strategic partnerships and in this role work with PIH Boston and other PIH sites and contribute to PIH Global Clinical Leadership. (10%)
• Develop and implement a clinical research agenda for PIH/IMB and the Global Health Delivery Partnership in Rwanda in conjunction with Ministry of Health, Rwanda Medical Council, University of Rwanda, University of Global Health Delivery and other research leaders in the country (10%)
• Actively fundraise through grant writing, donor cultivation, partnership building and support subsequent grant execution to support PIH/IMB initiatives. (10%)
• Medical degree with advanced degree in public health, health care management, health policy, or related field
• Minimum 5-10 years of experience in the design, implementation, and measurement of global health inventions in resource-limited settings
• Leadership skills, communication skills, mature inter-cultural style, enabling the leader to effectively represent the organization ;
• Proven capability in managing people and projects, including developing and managing strategies, work plans, performance metrics and budgets ;
• Ability to work with leadership of the Ministry of Health and Rwanda Biomedical Council in particular so as to both support their mandates and get buy-in for PIH approaches ;
• Personal qualities include : Proven ability and inclination to lead collaboratively, yet able to make tough decisions as necessary ; demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical skills, good judgment, political astuteness and tact ; creative problem-solving, flexibility ; excellent interpersonal and communications skills and impeccable integrity ;
• Experience in fund-raising and grant execution ;
• Commitment to social justice and health equity.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE