JOB : Course Deliverer for Data Driven Health Care Delivery at PIH/UGHE, Kigali, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Position Title : Course Deliverer for Data Driven Health Care Delivery : Research Methods
Reports to : Academic Director and Course Director, University of Global Health Equity
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a groundbreaking health sciences university in Rwanda that is training the next generation of global leaders from around the world in health care delivery and developing as a global intellectual hub for delivery science. Owned and operated by Partners In Health (PIH), UGHE is a private institution leveraging expertise and resources from the Government of Rwanda, Harvard University, and other partners to create a global forum for delivery-focused teaching, research, clinical care, and implementation.
With innovative curricula rooted in the principles of health equity, and incorporating the latest advances in education technology, UGHE will offer undergraduate and graduate programs in medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, and global health delivery.
The Master of Science in Global Health Delivery (MGHD) is the inaugural program at UGHE. The University is seeking a Course Deliverer to deliver a pre-designed research methods course focused on three key themes : epidemiology approaches ; applied biostatistical principles and study design ; and monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement, to be offered between February and May 2017 in Rwanda.
The Course Deliverer will commit to :
• Delivering an existing, UGHE-developed, and top-notch research methods course leading to mastery in the aforementioned thematic areas : applied biostatistical principles and study design ; epidemiology approaches ; and monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement
• Creating an academically rigorous experiential learning environment. Utilizing dynamic and outcome-driven teaching practices whereby developing students’ technical expertise through approaches including but not limited to critical thinking, problem solving, and team-based learning
• Working closely with the Course Director and UGHE Teaching and Learning team to oversee the instruction, coordination, and evaluation of the course
• Responding promptly to student and administrative requests during the employment term.
• Supporting students outside of the classroom via in person and online modalities during the course
• Mentoring students undertaking research initiatives related to the course during the course
• Participating in the evaluation of students in a timely and comprehensive manner consistent with UGHE M&E protocol and course assessment criteria
• Adhering to the UGHE Code of Conduct
UGHE aims to foster an environment in which all members work productively and equitably in pursuit of academic, professional, and personal excellence. The community supports expression, inquiry, intellectual honesty, respect for the dignity and diversity of others, and openness to constructive change. The community will be tolerant and supportive, characterized by civility and consideration for others. All community behavior must be in accordance with Rwandan law.
• Adhering to the UGHE Honor Code
As members of the UGHE academic community, we are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, we make common cause with those in need, we listen to learn from others, and we operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity.
Experience and Qualifications
• Graduate-level training that includes significant and diverse research methods experience, especially research methods focused on global health, equity/health disparities, applied biostatistical principles and study design, epidemiology approaches, and monitoring, evaluation and quality improvement
• Experience teaching health science-oriented research methods to master’s level students utilizing active learning approaches
• Enthusiasm to employ diverse pedagogical strategies
• Experience teaching in Rwanda or in other relevant contexts
• The ability to teach in English
• Experience mentoring master’s level students
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
In addition to this application, applicants should provide : (1) curriculum vitae, (2) graduate transcripts, (3) a list of relevant courses taught including the student profile, sample syllabi, and teaching evaluations, (4) a personal statement addressing teaching philosophy and experience working with diverse student populations, (5) at least one example of representative scholarship, e.g. an in-press or published article (6) contact information for at least two professional references.