JOB : Human Resources Officer at ARC, Kigali, Rwanda - CLOSE : 11/12/2016
More in Job Vacancies
Position title : Human Resources Officer
Location (Site) : Kigali
Responsible to : Human Resource and Administration Manager
Status : Full Time (commencing as soon as possible)
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY : Supervision of human resources personnel
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the wellbeing and self-reliance of displaced persons and refugee population from Eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION :
ARC is looking for an experienced, result driven, innovative and highly conscientious individual to join its human resources and administration unit. Based in ARCRwanda- Kigali HQ offices, the Human Resources Officer is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, compensation management and basic employee counseling and support.This is a Kigali based position with 20-25% travel to six field sites to support emerging and routine human resource management and administration needs.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY, PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Contribute to human resources planning, regular review or drafting of required policies and procedures.
• Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop skills and capabilities of staff – including drafting accurate job descriptions, and providing assistance in performance evaluations, performance counseling.
• Participate in staff recruitment and selection processes, including drafting and ensuring timely placement of job advertisements.
• Facilitate planning and delivery of effective orientation for new staff, Interns and short term hires.
• Participate in national employee contracts management, including in staff disciplinary matters and processes.
• Ensure that local staff HR files and personnel information are always updated and complete.
• Lead in reconciliation of staff work timesheet and records.
• Perform other related duties as required
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE :
• Direct experience in human resource management
• Demonstrated experience coordinating human resources management with other units/ teams
• Experience supervising staff
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
• Minimum of four (4)years of experience in Human Resource Managementunit, in a large and reputable Development or Humanitarian agency.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent from a recognized university
• Professional certification/s in human resource management.
• Good knowledge of Rwanda Labor code, and related statutory and procedural human resource reporting requirements.
• Computer literacy and demonstrated comfort working with Microsoft Office packages.
• Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
• Flair in staff training, development, mentorship and coaching
KEY BEHAVIORS & ABILITIES :
• A high level of confidentiality, strong work ethic, consistency and fairness
• Problem solving attitude, and basic staff counseling skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Willingness to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects.
To apply for this position : Submission of applications – to include Cover letter and updated CV (maximum three pages) - shall be either hand delivered to
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RW.Jobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement- HR Officer in the subject line.The deadline for submission of applications is Sunday 11th December, 2016 at 17:00hrsNote : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Tentative date for interviews : December 15th and/or 16th2016. Anticipated job start date : February 1, 2017 or earlier preferred.