JOB : IT Helpdesk Administrator AT World Vision International Rwanda, CLOSE : 26/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
IT Helpdesk Administrator
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of IT Helpdesk Administrator. The position will be based in Kigali at the Head Office and reporting to the IT Manager
READ ALSO :
- JOB : Finance and Administrative Assistant AT The National Pharmacy Council of Rwanda, CLOSE : 16/01/2017
- JOB : Pharmacist AT Itoto Pharmacy, Rwanda, DEADLINE : 23/01/2017
- JOB : IT Helpdesk Administrator AT World Vision International Rwanda, CLOSE : 26/01/2017
- JOB - Procurement Agent at American Embassy Kigali Mission Rwanda - CLOSE : 24/01/2017
Purpose of the position :
The IT Helpdesk Administrator is the frontline and point-of-contact for the IT department’s customers based in Head Office , Regions and Cluster offices. The primary objective is to ensure that the customers have a stable Information Technology (IT) infrastructure that meets their current and future IT requirements in a timely and professional manner. This will be done by analyzing customers’ IT needs, assigning reported incidents to IT Officers to ensure timely resolution and escalation as needed. This requires that you be able to respond to situations in a multiplicity of environments, with various software applications and business processes. The candidate will also be responsible for ensuring that all IT equipment, software and licenses are accounted for and maintained in excellent condition
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include :
• First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
• Responds to Level 1 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail.
• Log customer requests data into the tracking system.
• Support customers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Perform analysis of customer requests based on their environment, location and the business processes they perform and define the appropriate business solutions.
• Develops checklists and scripts for resolving routine problems.
• Escalates problems when necessary.
• Documents problem status and resolution in tracking log.
• Ensure service Level agreements are designed and implemented
• Ensure that IT recommendations and solutions are consistent with WVR Service Level Guidelines and Partnership Standards and provide recommendations
• Provide timely feedback to ensure satisfaction
Client Technology Support
• Work with respective IT teams (Network Administrator, Systems Administrator) on projects monitoring, tracking and processing customer updates
• Perform first level support
• Receive, set up, test and install new computer systems (hardware and software) and assist in provisioning.
• Support customers in ensuring data back up on central file servers and educate users on data safety and security.
• Manage the inventory of Computer Asset equipment and software licenses to ensure the timely entry in the inventory database, monitor movement, withdrawal, reporting and reconciliation with Accounting Department records.
• Perform service and maintenance on computer equipment (re-imaging computers, upgrading BIOS, ensuring current version of anti-virus application is being used by client computers, etc.)
Connectivity and productivity tools
• Work with Internet Access Service Providers to ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are adhered to and outages are reported and escalated in a timely manner with rebate given for downtimes experienced.
• Support various productivity tools such as Mobile Phones, PDAs, Blackberrys, WeBex, Skype, WebCams, portable computer accessories.
o Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, orrelevant field from a recognized university
o ITIL Certification is a MUST for this position plus A+, N+ and MCP certification
• At least three (3) year’s working experience in a networking/telecommunications environment
o Good working knowledge of telecommunications technologies (wireless networks) and Network Architectures for both Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks
o Excellent working knowledge of Internet technologies, including : TCP/IP suite of protocols ; Internet security ; Internet routing ; Voice over Internet Protocol)
o Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems configuration and administration
o Good working knowledge of office automation applications (Microsoft Office) and Lotus Notes
o Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.Must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment
o Excellent analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
o Demonstrates eagerness and aptitude for acquiring necessary technical knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
o Excellent time-management skills.Able and willing to meet deadlines.
o Ability to work in, and contribute to, team building environment
o Must be willing to travel to various locations in Kenya, and to live under harsh conditions
o Must be able to speak, understand and write fluent English
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 26th January 2017 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks