JOB : Master Nutrition Trainer at FHI 360, Kigali, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Job ID : 17998
Area : Nutrition
# of Openings Remaining : 1
Position Location : Rwanda-Kigali
About FHI 360 :
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of : Master Nutrition Trainer
FHI 360 seeks a Master Nutrition Trainer for a USAID Rwanda Feed the Future program that aims to improve nutrition, enhance market access, create employment and financial opportunities, and improve access to finance for smallholder farmers, and raise rural on- and off-farm incomes. The Master Nutrition Trainer will oversee regional nutrition managers/liaisons responsible for training of community health workers, extension agents and other actors at the district level. The Master Nutrition Manager will design and create the content of trainings that will be delivered by the regional nutrition managers, and will monitor and adjust materials and approaches based on feedback and results of trainings. The Master Nutrition Trainer work in close cooperation with technical staff and the Chief of Party in collecting relevant data and results, reporting, and work planning, as well as with implementing partners, stakeholders, USAID and other donors operating in Rwanda.
Job Summary / Responsibilities :
• Identify barriers and develop and refine as needed all relevant training related tools and materials in close collaboration with technical staff, stakeholders and USAID ;
• Design materials and interventions that are inclusive and tailored to literate, semi-literate and illiterate populations via a variety of communication channels ;
• Contribute to and provide inputs of annual work plan, required project reports, baseline data, tools and indicators for monitoring and evaluation, collection / sharing of lessons learned ;
• Provide technical assistance to project staff, implementing partners, stakeholders and others ; and
• Document lessons learned, evaluate impact and modify approaches as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition or related field
• Nutrition and/or Health professional with more than 5 years’ demonstrated experience as a trainer, and in nutrition, program design, implementation and evaluation on USAID/donor projects
• Experience developing training for a combination of health and nutrition, livelihoods, gender, and agricultural / value chain development or similar Feed the Future initiatives ; knowledge of access to finance and markets is a plus
• USAID project related experience
• Demonstrated capacity to develop and disseminate information through a variety of training methodologies and channels tailored to literate, semi-literate and illiterate populations
• Written and oral proficiency in English and Kinyarwanda
How To Apply
To Apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360’s Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.