JOB : Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor at FHI 360, Kigali, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Job ID : 16621
Area : Laboratory Services
# of Openings Remaining : 1
Position Location : Rwanda-Kigali
About FHI 360 :
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology ; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of : Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Job Summary / Responsibilities :
- Oversees M&E activities in close collaboration with assigned Country/Region/Programs.
- Develop and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to improve ability to collect, interpret and aggregate data that demonstrate impact and program accountability and progress.
- Develop and support the design and implementation of baseline, mid-term and end of project evaluations, surveys and other components of the programs M&E system.
- Provide M&E technical advice to programs, projects, including staffing and resource allocation to M&E.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
- Provide technical support for M&E in one or more technical sectors.
- Build upon industry and experiences to improve consistency, quality and practicality of M&E strategies ; promote dissemination and use of lessons learned within international partner organizations.
- Review M&E plans and PMPs for quality and adherence to donor requirements.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components in project design ; such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation as success stories, technical reports, or peer review publications and reviews surveillance, research and evaluation publications prior to release to stakeholders.
- Provide quality and timely submission of all required project reports.
- Liaise with national, multisectoral and donor M&E TWG and colleagues to ensure programs provide complementary support and contribution to evolution of country M&E systems.
- Oversee capacity building activities on M&E topics, including the development of workshop materials, webinars, the design and management of workshops for implementing partners, the development of technical briefs, learning modules, and M&E guides.
- Participate in resource mobilization, and contribute to proposals.
- Contributes to planning and making recommendations for department/program/project concept, operations, and/or implementation.
- Influences design and scope of initiatives and programs.
- Represents the organization to external entities at professional meetings and conferences.
- Continually maintains a dialogue and M&E technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners.
- Coordinates with employees and consultants, on-site and in the field for situations that are less routine and more unusual.
- Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- 5-8 Years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Has ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English ; fluent in host country language.
- Experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
How To Apply
To Apply for this job, please CLICK HERE
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.org. Please submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.