JOB : Partnership Officer at KCB, Kigali, Rwanda - CLOSE : 13/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
The Position :
Reporting to the Program Manager, the jobholder is to support Partnerships Manager / Program Manager in the implementation of all activities related to the program that aim to build farmer businesses and creating sustained linkages between Producer Organizations and Market Actors (i.e. Buyers, Processors, Off-takers, input providers, government officials, research institutions, donor representatives and development partners).
Key Responsibilities :
• Map out existing businesses in the regions where m-Kulima will operate in a bid to link them up to producer organizations and cooperatives that exist in those areas.
• Assess the producer organization and co-operatives volumes produced and align the produce to specific markets i.e. traders, processors, retailers, wholesalers or exporters.
• Evaluate the producer organization and co-operatives needs in terms of quantities for inputs and align the need to wholesale input providers, including innovative suppliers like i-procure.
• Identify existing donor funded partnerships and initiatives out in the field that m-Kulima could partner with, in order to bring on board more smallholder farmers and hence assist in meeting the targets.
• Represent the program in local county government forums and other stakeholder forums. Advice the program on the best timing to have program open days and stakeholder forums.
• Conduct specific business and financial diagnostics to assess the financial health of small business that purchase produce from m-Kulima supported producer organizations and co-operatives, then plan capacity building sessions in a bid to improve finance and business operations in a bid to expand their capacity to purchase more volumes from smallholders.
• Planning of activities to ensure that the objectives of the program are met within the set timelines while optimizing resources and maximizing impact.
• Periodic reporting of the situation on the ground to provide both data and anecdotal evidence of impact.
• Develop timely and concise reports on program implementation as prescribed under the program. Specifically contribute the marketing piece of the quarterly donor reporting
The Person :
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following :
• University Degree preferably in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Economics, Business Administration or related qualification.
• Master’s Degree and/or Professional qualifications in related field will be an added advantage.
• Have at least 4 years’ working experience, which should include :
• At least 3 years’ experience in markets systems facilitations for development programs
• At least 3 years’ experience in Diagnosis of businesses to identify technical and management gaps
• At least 3 years’ experience in Negotiations to develop and create additional funds for development programs.
• At least 3 years’ experience in Representation of program in the local ecosystem including governments and value chain actors.
• Experience in creating a buyers base for the program beneficiaries
• Computer Literacy
• Should have good attention to detail
• Should have good relationship management skills
Application process :
If you believe you meet the above requirements, please submit your application including an application letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating your current salary and benefits, copies of the relevant certificates and testimonials, 3 reference letters, daytime telephone contact and email address. The deadline for receiving applications is 13th January 2017. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to :
Head of Human Resources
KCB Bank Rwanda Ltd.
Kigali – Rwanda or E-mail on : firstname.lastname@example.org