JOB : Procurement Manager at UGHE, Kigali, Rwanda
More in Job Vacancies
Position Title : Procurement Manager
Reports to : Program Director
Department : University of Global Health Equity (UGHE)
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
Organizational Profile :
University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program : the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Position Overview :
The Procurement Manager will work with both the academic and operations teams to evaluate and support their procurement needs. The Procurement Manager will focus on the daily procurement of services, goods, and works in addition to building and implementing high level systems to address the needs of the University, such as inventory management and ordering processes.
Specific Responsibilities :
• Review vendor relationships, existing contracts, and develop procurement policies and procedures that address UGHE’s short-term and long-term needs. Through management of key vendors, explore options for pooled procurement, long term agreements, volume price reductions, and other cost-management strategies.
• Develop and implement a strategic approach to demand planning, purchasing, and distribution. Ensure that all elements of the procurement processes are functioning properly. Assess and adjust practices as needed.
• Conduct assessment of the UGHE procurement needs and oversee the procurement of services, goods, and works, including developing terms of references and preparing tender documents.
• Together with the HR Manager, recruit procurement staff necessary to complete the desired staffing structure as needed.
• Establish key performance indicators to measure procurement improvements and overall performance.
• Identify areas for training and skill-building to strengthen the procurement operations.
• At least 4 years of relevant experience required, including procurement, inventory management, and systems implementation
• Master’s or advanced degree in related field preferred
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and plan for long-term initiatives
• Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes and systems, both independently and as part of a team
• Exemplary interpersonal skills ; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country
• Interest in social justice strongly desirable
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE