JOB : Procurement Officer at ARC, Kigali, Rwanda - CLOSE : 11/12/2016
More in Job Vacancies
POSITION TITLE : Procurement Officer
DEPARTMENT OR COUNTRY PROGRAM : Rwanda
RESPONSIBLE TO : Procurement Manager
STATUS : Full time
SUPERVISORY CAPACITY : Supervision of Procurement personnel
DEPARTMENT/ COUNTRY PROGRAM DESCRIPTION/ MISSION
The overall goal of ARC’s program in Rwanda is to improve the wellbeing and self-reliance of the displaced refugee population from eastern DRC and Burundi by ensuring the provision of basic services (adequate health care & nutrition, shelter, water, sanitation & hygiene, HIV/AIDS prevention & treatment), improving food security and enabling economic recovery in six refugee camps located in Rwanda.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
ARC is looking for an experienced, result driven, innovative and highly conscientious individual to work in its Procurement unit and to lead a comprehensive range of procurement support activities, performing research and analysis, and providing recommendations to support the efficient and effective procurement services in the Rwanda program. The Procurement Officer (PO) will work towards delivery and continuous improvement of the performance of all procurement functions to achieve better service delivery and cost-effectiveness.
The PO will report to the Procurement Manager (PM) and directly supervise a team of procurement staff based in Kigali and also provide technical support and capacity building to procurement focal points based in six sites outside of Kigali.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, client oriented individual with strong sense of service, personal ethic, integrity, and a big appetite for quality improvement and accountability to improve stewardship of ARC’s resources. The PO will have the necessary interpersonal & intercultural skills to build strong relationships and trust among stakeholders in the context of Rwanda and will have a high level of flexibility and tolerance to ambiguity.
This is a Kigali based position with 20-25% travel to six field sites.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY/ PRIMARY DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage and maintain the in-house procurement monitoring and tracking tool to equip the program with the necessary information for strategic decision making
• Identify, assess and recommend potential suppliers, and ensure necessary information is available to support the selection of suppliers while ensuring standard processes are followed.
• Contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, with guidance from the Procurement Manager, in order to ensure ARC obtains the best terms and lowest costs.
• Manage a team of staff, providing advice, guidance and training, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Review and prepare Purchase Orders and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder and ARC authorized personnel.
• Review, amend and prioritize purchase requests, and provide recommendations to requesters, to support the procurement of goods and services, at competitive quality and value for ARC
• Follow standard emergency response practices to support ARC to quickly respond and deploy emergency supplies and needed resources to affected areas in case of crisis.
• Design, develop and oversee the maintenance of procurement databases and records, ensuring accuracy of information, and its available for others to access.
Any other duties as required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE :
• Direct experience with procurement activities (purchasing, vendor research, etc.).
• Experience coordinating with suppliers (e.g. retailers, wholesalers and traders).
• Demonstrated experience coordinating procurement processes with other units/ teams (e.g., logistics)
• Experience supervising staff
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS, TECHNICAL SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED :
• Minimum University Degree in a related field required (Operations Management, Business administration, Humanitarian Logistics etc.).
• Professional certifications such as CIPS, CPP, CSCP
• Demonstrated continuous education and specialized trainings in procurement and logistics management ;
• Proven skills and knowledge in the design and use of Information Management Systems (IMS) ;
• Computer literary and comfort with Microsoft Application packages
• Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
• Minimum of four (4) years in key positions in procurement departments or operations
• Working experience with reputable and large humanitarian or development agency.
• Demonstrated ability and technical skills in supply chain and asset management ;
• Knowledge of main donor’s procurement policies and guidelines.
To apply for this position :
Submission of applications must be either hand delivered to
KG 622 St 19
Submitted via email to RW.Jobs@arcrelief.org with Vacancy Announcement-Procurement Officerin the subject line. The deadline for submission of applications is Sunday 11th December, 2016 at 17:00hrsNote : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Tentative date for interviews : December 15th and/or 16th2016. Anticipated job start date : February 1, 2017 or earlier preferred.