JOB : Resource Development Specialist AT World Vision International Rwanda, CLOSE : 25/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Resource Development Specialist
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Resource Development Specialist. The position will be based in Kigali at the Head Office and reporting to the Resource Development Manager
READ ALSO :
- JOB : Finance and Administrative Assistant AT The National Pharmacy Council of Rwanda, CLOSE : 16/01/2017
- JOB : Pharmacist AT Itoto Pharmacy, Rwanda, DEADLINE : 23/01/2017
- JOB : IT Helpdesk Administrator AT World Vision International Rwanda, CLOSE : 26/01/2017
- JOB - Procurement Agent at American Embassy Kigali Mission Rwanda - CLOSE : 24/01/2017
Purpose of the position :
To support the Resource Development team in pre-positioning, networking, and developing high quality proposals for grant opportunities
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include :
Proposal Development :
·Develop high quality proposals prior to and after call for proposals have been issued by donor agencies and by WV SOs for PNS funding by partnering with technical teams in the development of proposal narratives, logical frameworks, budgets and budget narratives, and other required components of proposals in Level IV fluency of English.
• Participate in technical working groups, in donor engagement meetings, and in meetings with INGO and local partners to position WVR for upcoming funding opportunities, ensuring that WVR is informed and prepared for upcoming funding opportunities before they are made public through strategic networking and engagement.
• Strengthen WVR’s connections with local NGOs and INGOs by participating in networking and other activities within Rwanda.
• Support the Programs Development Manager in engaging with partner SOs to position the office favorably for in-country and multi-country requests for proposals.
Resource Acquisition :
• Support in training technical teams on proposal development processes.
Building Partnerships :
• Pursue and develop meaningful and formal partnerships with Government, UN agencies, NGO’s, research institutes and other community stakeholders that will complement WVR’s resource mobilization goals and objectives.
• Engage and liaise with national level actors and institutions to establish a base of local organizations to fund through public and private resources.
• Support the Programs Development Manager in developing monthly GAM reports to send to the region and to share with WVR’s SLT.
• Continually update the GAM Tracker to include new opportunities pursued by WVR and opportunities the NO is currently positioning for in Rwanda.
• Provide timely and high quality information for SO on SO funded projects, including project updates and tracking of project outputs
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
o Master’s degree in International Development, Economics, Social Sciences, or related disciples required
o At least 5 years’ experience in proposal development and/or project management for public donors.
o Experience submitting winning proposals preferred.
o Previous working experience on or with a USAID grant required.Working experience in community development
o Experience managing USAID-funded project preferred
o Strong understanding of USAID and UN rules and regulations required.
o Level 5 (Fluency) in written and spoken English required.
o Excellent communication and networking skills within Rwanda which inspire confidence with donors and partners required.
o Excellent computer skills
o Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, and ability to work with a wide range of people from different backgrounds.
o Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 25th January 2017 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks