JOB VACANCY : Assistant Manager, Ruzizi Tented Lodge AT Akagera National Park - CLOSE : 11-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
AMC, a partnership between the Rwanda Development Board and African Parks Network, a not-for profit conservation organization, is responsible for the total management of Akagera National Park. AMC seeks to recruit hardworking candidates, with a good work ethic, highly organized, self-motivated and enthusiastic to join our dynamic team to fill the following positions :
1. Assistant Manager, Ruzizi Tented Lodge
Ruzizi Tented Lodge is a small lodge, with a maximum of 20 guests, located in Akagera National Park. The lodge has been operating since 2013 and has gained a five-star rating on TripAdvisor. We are looking for enthusiastic, dynamic, highly motivated and reliable individual to work with an established team to continue making a success of Ruzizi Tented Lodge.
The Assistant Manager works closely with the Lodge Manager, responsible for efficient overall management of the lodge and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will be responsible for :
• Staff management ; overseeing work of all staff including housekeeping department, kitchen and front of house, making sure all staff are prepared and organized on a daily basis, and adhering to the standards set out in the SOP’s.
• Hospitality ; hosting, socializing with guests and being present and available to respond to all visitor needs quickly and efficiently.
• Food and beverage ; assisting the manager to oversee and organize ordering & purchases, planning, production, and service
• Administration ; Work closely with the front office receptionist on bookings & assist with reception duties where needed, reporting, ensuring stock controls measures are being taken. Overseeing off-days and annual leave timetables in the absence of the Manager
• Housekeeping ; checking quality of cleaning is maintained, reporting to manager and scheduling general maintenance
The suitable candidates must meet the following criteria :
• Education : at least a Universitydiploma (A1) in Tourism and/or Hospitality ;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the tourism and or hospitality industry in Rwanda or elsewhere
• Good written and spoken English, Kinyarwanda and French
• Proficient in word and excel
• Prepared to live onsite
• Previous proven experience in managing staff
• Self- motivated, organized, enthusiastic, reliable and dedicated
• Good people skills, friendly and easy-going
• Good problem solving skills
• Good attention to detail
All applications must include the following :
• Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager, Akagera Management Company stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered ;
• Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and experience ;
• A copy of the degree and academic certificates ;
• A copy of the ID ;
• Name, address and telephone numbers of two professional references ;
• A letter of integrity.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to the park headquarters in Akagera National Park or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 11th November 2016. A short list of qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a panel interview selection process.
Done at KIYONZA, on 20th October 2016
Financial Controller (Akagera Management Company)