JOB VACANCY : Business, Market & Finance Development Specialist AT SNV Rwanda - CLOSE : 07-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
SNV Rwanda (Duty station : Kigali), is looking for :
Business, Market & Finance Development Specialist on 5-Year Feed the Future
Type of contract : National
SNV, a leading international development organization with long-term programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Business, Market & Finance Development Specialist position on a USAID/Feed the Future funded program in Rwanda. The objective of this activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate. The Business, Market & Finance Development Specialist is responsible for the overall design, implementation, oversight, and reporting of the activity’s objectives around business and financial services, as well farmers’ access to markets.
Qualifications for the position include :
• A Master’s degree in business administration, finance, agribusiness or other relevant areas of study is strongly preferred. A bachelor’s degree in a related field may be considered if the candidate has substantially more experience than required.
• Seven (7) years of progressively more responsible international work experience in business development.
• Demonstrated experience in public-private engagement is desirable.
• Experience working directly to integrate the poor into market opportunities.
• Experience and understanding of market facilitation approaches to increase productivity for smallholder’s farmers.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with host country government counterparts.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are required, proficiency in Kinyarwanda is highly desired.
Applicants should be citizens or residents of Rwanda. The position will be based in Kigali with regular travel to project sites expected.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process :
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
• A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference.
To apply :
Please email a cover letter and resume (both in English) to the Country Director of SNV Rwanda by email firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com ; by the 7th November, 2016.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Only qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule in-country interviews. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about SNV at www.snvworld.org.