JOB VACANCY : Driver at PSDAG - CLOSE : 01-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
Position title : Driver
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
The Private Sector Driven Agricultural Growth (PSDAG) project is a five-year (August 2014- August 2019) USAID-funded initiative implemented by International Resources Group (IRG), an Engility Company, with the aim of increasing smallholder incomes by promoting private sector investment. PSDAG has two primary complementary objectives are : (1) To assist the Government of Rwandan (GoR) to increase private sector investment, and (2) To facilitate increased private sector investment by upgrading agricultural value chains.
The Driver will be responsible for transporting the staff members and consultants recruited by the project during their official trips while ensuring maintenance of the vehicle assigned to him/her in accordance with the established procedures. He or she works under the direct supervision of the Logistics and Administrative Assistant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain daily the vehicle to ensure that it functions in the best conditions of comfort and security for the persons transported.
• Ensure the distribution of mail, the delivery and receipt of goods and consumables procured by the project.
• Signal to the supervisor any problems encountered during trips and inform him/her of the required maintenance and repairs ; and one month in advance, the expiration date of vehicle documents (temporary admission, insurance, etc.)
• Fill out on a daily basis the timesheet, and submit it at the end of each month to the supervisor, for approval.
• Scrupulously respect the vehicles management procedures :
• Prohibition to use the vehicles for personal purposes unless in exceptional cases approved by the Project director. In these cases, the Project accounting will bill the cost to that person.
• Prohibition to transport any person not specifically mentioned in the travel authorization during field trips or the person designated by the supervisor for in town trips.
• During the trips in town and outside Kigali, correctly and regularly fill out the vehicle log look. The log book must be left in the vehicles. Fill out the forms implemented for the filling of fuel and justify each filling of fuel. Submit the vehicle log book to the supervisor for verification as per established procedures.
• During field missions, trips are supervised by the mission leader who has to sign the vehicle log book. However, the driver has to ensure the security of the vehicle and its content ; he also has to park it in safe locations.
• Fastening safety belts in the vehicle while traveling in town or outside of Kigali.
• Make sure that the first-aid kit, a torch with the batteries, a tool kit and a spare wheel in good condition are available in the vehicle.
• Always have his driver’s license available for controls.
• Avoid travelling during the night after 08:00 pm in coordination with the head of mission.
• Inform immediately the supervisor in case of accident, damage or any significant occurrence during travel.
• Respect the prohibitions to smoke or use cell phones while driving as well as speed limits.
• Show assiduity, availability and discretion in the performance of his duties.
• Assist in the close- out process as needed : physical inventory and transfer of equipment to the beneficiaries, etc.
• Perform any other task as required for the good operation of the project, under his work and according to his skills.
• 5 years of working experience as a driver for a large organization/project using vehicle management tools ;
• Valid driving license and perfect mastery of the highway code (code de la route) ;
• Proven experience in driving of 4×4 vehicles in rural areas and using the vehicles management tools ;
• Sufficient knowledge of the English language to communicate and fill out the vehicle management tools ;
• Willing to work under pressure with a light supervision and respect regulations ;
• Able to organize travel itineraries to optimize vehicle usage ;
• Past experience with USAID funded project would be appreciated.
The driver works under the direct supervision of the Logistics and Administrative Assistant.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters electronically to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org,with copy to email@example.com, indicating in subject line the position for which the candidate applies, not later than Tuesday November 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm, Kigali time.Hard copies will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the recruitment tests.