JOB VACANCY : Education & Life Skills Sector Lead AT World Vision International Rwanda - CLOSE : 09-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
EDUCATION & LIFE SKILLS SECTOR LEAD
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Education & Life Skills Sector Lead. The position will be based in various locations in Huye District – Ishema Cluster and reporting to the Cluster Manager.
Purpose of the position :
To contribute to achieving WVR’s Child Wellbeing Targets in designated cluster through planning, monitoring and implementing Education Technical Programme in line with applicable Technical Approaches and WVR National Strategy. Secondly the Education and life skills sector lead will have technical accountability to oversee programs and also geographical accountability by supervising all education activities in a specific Area Program.
The major responsibilities include :
1. Responsible for Education & Life skills project planning and implementation in the cluster area ;
2. Liaise with the Education & Life skills TP Manager for quality implementation of Education & Life skills projects models ;
3. Build capacity of area programme implementing staff on the Education & Life skills program models and approaches
4. Ensure cross cutting themes are adequately integrated in Area Programmes detailed implementation plan
5. Work in collaboration with Child Development Officer to ensure that Registered Children and their households are participating and benefiting from Education & Life skills programme interventions.
6. Integrate Cluster education project activities with other sectors and with the district and MINEDUC development plan
7. Initiate and participate in education districts Advocacy initiatives
8. Mobilization of PTAs, SMCs, DEOs, SEOs etc and conducting trainings to build capacities on education improved methodologies.
9. Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation at the district level.
1. Provide technical leadership for quality assessments, and development of Area Programme Detailed Implementation Plans
2. Work with DM&E to conduct the measurement of youth life skills, functional literacy, early grade reading and early grade math skills.
3. Support the DME team in the development of Education & Life skills programs monitoring system, development and/or adaptation of tools and adoption of the tools
4. Ensure effective documentation of all the information related to Education & Life skills program successes, innovations and promising practices and disseminate through appropriate mechanisms.
5. Contribute to the writing of child wellbeing outcome monitoring reports
6. Produce timely, accurate, compliant and quality reports for WV and mandatory government reports
Resource mobilization and Networking
1. Contribute to the production, and review of concept papers and proposals for funding agencies
Establish and maintain partnerships with key Education related departments at sector and district level
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
• Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementing education projects. Or Master’s Degree in education with 2 years of experience
• Strong skills in networking with education sector stakeholders at field level, community mobilization and facilitation.
• Technical knowledge in ECD, early grade literacy skills development & youth life skills, youth literacy and livelihood programming.
• Ability to implement community participation strategy in the improvement of basic education.
• Ability to work with quality assurance officers, principals, teachers, and volunteers in education
• Ability to engage and work with volunteers
• Experience and skills in preparing instructional and training materials appropriate to the needs and interests of children, teachers, supervisors, principals and education personnel.
• Demonstrated experience and skill in research, analysis and report writing
• Experience in proposal writing and development
• Good Presentation and facilitation skills
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
Technical Skills & Abilities :
• Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kinyarwanda ; French will be added value
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work sensitively with people from a variety of social backgrounds.
• Demonstrable problem solving skills
• Team work spirit
• Ability to multitask
• Strategic thinking
• Should have a motorcycle driving permit
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience :
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires