JOB VACANCY : Gender and Youth Specialist AT SNV Rwanda - CLOSE : 07-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
SNV Rwanda (Duty station : Kigali), is looking for :
Gender and Youth Specialist on 5-Year Feed the Future Program in Rwanda
Type of contract : National
SNV, a leading international development organization with long-term programs in Africa, Asia and Central America, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Gender and Youth Specialist position on a USAID/Feed the Future funded program in Rwanda. The objective of this activity is to sustainably increase smallholder farmer incomes, improve the nutritional status of Rwandan women and children, and increase the resilience of the agriculture and food system to the changing climate. Position is contingent upon award of funding.
The Gender and Youth Specialist develops and implements strategies for ensuring the inclusion of gender and youth issues across all program activities and trainings. Establishes targets for gender-related performance indicators and assesses bottlenecks specific to women and youth which may hinder desired program outcomes.
Minimum Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Agronomy, Business, Economics, etc.)
• Five (5) years of progressively more responsible experience in relevant field
• Strong English communication skills (oral and written), fluency in Kinyarwanda is strongly desired
• Proficient in computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Mature, self-disciplined, with high integrity
Position to be based in Kigali. Applicants should be citizens or residents of Rwanda.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process :
• Cover Letter
• CV in reverse chronological format
• A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
To apply :
Please email a cover letter and resume (both in English) to SNV Rwanda by email to email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; by the 7th November, 2016.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule in-country interviews. Candidates should indicate the position for which they are applying in the subject line. Learn more about SNV at www.snvworld.org.