JOB VACANCY : Information Communications Technology and Systems Specialist at PSDAG - CLOSE : 01-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
Position title : Information Communications Technology and Systems Specialist
Location : Kigali, Rwanda
The Private Sector Driven Agricultural Growth (PSDAG) project is a five-year (August 2014- August 2019) USAID-funded initiative implemented by International Resources Group (IRG), an Engility Company, with the aim of increasing smallholder incomes by promoting private sector investment. PSDAG has two primary complementary objectives are : (1) To assist the Government of Rwandan (GoR) to increase private sector investment, and (2) To facilitate increased private sector investment by upgrading agricultural value chains.
The Information Communications Technology and Systems (ICTS) Specialist will support the PSDAG project staff in providing onsite supervision and maintenance support for the entire project’s IT solutions, internet connectivity, and mobile/ land line phone systems. In addition, the ICTS Specialist will provide technical support to the PSDAG Objective 1 and 2 Technical teams and Monitoring and Evaluation team for the implementation of project mobile applications and any other Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions that will benefit PSDAG beneficiaries.
• Set-up and maintain email system, mail server software, and all project specific mail boxes for PSDAG staff, including any upgrades as appropriate and as recommended by IRG home office.
• Set- up of all project computers with appropriate software and tools needed for day to day work, internet connectivity and printing.
• Conduct regular maintenance of all computers, printers, network equipment, and server to include updating software, cleaning of viruses, defragmenting, back up each PC and server.
• Maintain a list of hardware and software requirement for all project IT supplies, with details specifications and quantities in consultation with PSDAG admin and finance staff.
• Perform regular maintenance of the PSDAG program server. If necessary, manage and supervise third party organization for quarterly server maintenance to include :
o Manage VPN Server ;
o Maintain Cisco ASA firewall, VM ware, LAN, wireless LAN and make sure it is properly functioning.
• Responsible for setting up and monitoring visiting consultants to local network, internet and printers.
• Work with IRG on purchasing and set up of landlines, phone system and handheld phone sets.
• Under the supervision of the Director of Finance, Operations and Compliance, manage all relations with all outside vendors providing any type of IT services to PSDAG.
• Assist PSDAG staff in setting up and maintaining shared connections (SharePoint) with IRG home office.
• Set-up and maintain PSDAG project shared drive.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, Operations &Compliance and/or the Chief of Party.
Mobile App and ICT Services
• Assist Technical and M&E team with the design and implementation of ICT solutions and mobile apps.
• Assist M&E team with maintenance of M&E database and reporting system.
• Assist Technical and M&E team with training of PSDAG partners and beneficiaries in ICT and mobile application solutions.
• Field travel may be required.
• Other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance, Operations & Complianceand/or the Chief of Party.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology and or Microsoft, Cisco, or VMware certifications or other relevant degree is required.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Active Directory and Virtualization.
• At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in the area of Information Technology required.
• Knowledge of ICT platforms and database design and management required.
• Prior experience working with USAID-funded projects or similar international development projects a plus.
• Prior experience in utilization of ICT solutions for agriculture and SharePoint is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English is required.
The ICT and Systems Specialist works under the supervision of the Direct of Finance, Operations and Compliance.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters electronically to the following email address :firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in subject line the position for which the candidate applies, not later than Tuesday November 1, 2016 at 5:00 pm, Kigali time.Hard copies will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the recruitment tests.