JOB VACANCY : Receptionist AT Akagera National Park - CLOSE : 11-11-2016
More in Job Vacancies
AMC, a partnership between the Rwanda Development Board and African Parks Network, a not-for profit conservation organization, is responsible for the total management of Akagera National Park. AMC seeks to recruit hardworking candidates, with a good work ethic, highly organized, self-motivated and enthusiastic to join our dynamic team to fill the following positions :
As the first point of contact for any park visitors, the receptionist must be personable, polite, knowledgable, confident in dealign with people and a good, clear, communicator. The position involves the following duties :
• Receiving park visitors ;
• Marketing and upselling of activities, promoting the park ;
• Cash handling, recepting, record keeping and reporting ;
• Providing knowledge about the park.
The suitable candidates must meet the following criteria :
• Fluent in English, French and Kinyarwanda ;
• Be Rwandan national ;
• Have completed education to a minimum level of diploma ( A1) ;
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in hospitality ;
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel ;
• Knowledge of tourism and wildlife and conservation is an advantage ;
• Coming from the local area is an advantage ;
• Having background in finance and accounting is an added advantage ;
• A quick leaner and enthusiastic ;
• Be highly organized, self-motivated, and eager to learn ;
• Be dependable, respectful, flexible ;
• Demonstrate good work ethic, hardworking and honest.
All applications must include the following :
• Application cover letter addressed to the Park Manager, Akagera Management Company stating where you heard about the position and why you should be considered ;
• Curriculum vitae including your personal details, education level and experience ;
• A copy of the degree and academic certificates ;
• A copy of the ID ;
• Name, address and telephone numbers of two professional references ;
• A letter of integrity.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to the park headquarters in Akagera National Park or email firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 11th November 2016. A short list of qualified candidates will be invited to participate in a panel interview selection process.
Done at KAYONZA, on 20th October 2016
Financial Controller (Akagera Management Company)