JOB : WASH Private Sector Engagement Officer AT World Vision International Rwanda, DEADLINE : 01-12-2016
More in Job Vacancies
WASH Private Sector Engagement Officer
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs currently in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of WASH Private Sector Engagement Officer . This position will be based at the Head Office in Kigali , and reporting to the Private Sector Development Advisor.
Purpose of the position :
The WASH Private Sector Engagement Officer will be responsible for supporting the supply chain to develop affordable, sustainable sanitation and hygiene solutions by strengthening demand and supply. Under the leadership of the Isuku Iwacu Private sector development Advisor (PSDA), s/he will work with the Private Sector Federation and FEPEAR (the network of WASH service providers) to scale up sanitation and hygiene demand and create business opportunities. S/he is expected to promote S&H private sector growth for community and households gains. The WASH Private Sector Engagement Officer will identify small business (larger where applicable) and entrepreneurs, and mobilize all forms of capital with technical assistance and transaction advisory services to enterprise growth at scale. This position will also be responsible to implement activities directly under the responsibility of the Innovation Finance Specialist (IFS) in order to ensure accurate program geographic coverage and implementation and effectively promote program consistency and integration.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate quality spiritual life that can be commendable to others.
The major responsibilities :
• The WASH Private Sector Development Officer will lead the implementation of project’s private sector engagement and the development of entrepreneurs within Rwanda’s WASH sector.
• The private sector engagement officer will lead the development of public-private partnerships at district and sector level.
• This position will provide technical expertise and analyses on private sector development issues within WASH sector, including the evolution of the WASH private sector, opportunities for entrepreneurs, and the role of regulation and standardization.
• The private sector engagement officer will represent the project regarding public-private sector issues at technical and strategic planning meetings at district and sector level
• Lead training of project staff including LCSOs and stakeholders such as newly created S&H entrepreneurs in partnership skills development
• Collaborating with Private sector development Advisor to identify and develop strategic partnerships and alliances with private and public sector actors to achieve project objectives
• Support the development of collaborative partnerships with external partners and other USAID funded projects involved in business, investment and competitiveness areas in project areas to leverage with them for community gains.
• Assist the ISF in piloting, evaluating, and scaling new financial tools and models developed by/for Micro finance institutions (MFIs) as well as through other finance mediums to increase financial accessibility to household sanitation
• Assist the ISF in expanding financial access to sanitation business suppliers (SBS) for SME loans through innovative financing mediums
• Assist the ISF in building the capacity of MFIs to develop, pilot, market and scale new sanitation loan products to savings groups, cooperatives, to other community-based platforms.
• Assist the ISF in executing activities aiming at increasing in access to financial services to this population through formation of group-based savings and Farmer Field and Learning Schools, cooperatives etc.
• Assist the ISF in facilitating and creating links to non-formal and formal financial institutions
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
Educational level required :
• University Degree in Business, Finance, Economics or a related field
• 5 years’ experience working with private sector, demonstrated experience supporting enterprise development, understanding public private partnership concept is also required.
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience in Rwanda.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the Rwandan private sector development required.
• A proven ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders ;
• Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines ;
• Proven experience developing high-quality written deliverables, such as training materials, work plans and periodic performance reports.
• Experience working with USAID or other donors.
Technical Skills & Abilities :
• Strong organizational skills, including ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and detail-oriented, with a proactive planning and execution.
• High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality.
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively in teams, build consensus, and effectively coordinate with internal and external actors is highly desired.
• Ability to supervise staff and coordinate with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
• Ability and willingness to travel to target districts.
• Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda.
• Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
• The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience :
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 1st December 2016 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks