Market Facilitator at World Vision International (Rwanda), Kigali - CLOSE : 03/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Reference : 5801-14N12134
Town/City : Kacyiru Sud
Application Deadline Date : 03-Jan-17
International Role : No - Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration : 1-2 Years
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 15 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Market Facilitator. The position will be based in various locations in Rutsiro District and reporting to the Project Coordinator
Purpose of the position :
The Market Facilitator will facilitate the implementation of the Mukura Zero Hunger Project and Securing the community’s Future activities within the selected Area Programs in collaboration with partners and to ensure the Smallholder Farmers and Entrepreneurs achieve results according to the requirements of the project.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include :
• Provide mentoring and coaching to producers and producer groups to build local capacity for understanding and connecting with markets ; Participate in regular market research, market monitoring, market trends and market information feedback for various commodities
• Design and supervise implementation marketing strategies for various market segments, countries and selected agricultural products ; Plan, organize, participate and facilitate market and trade meetings in the country
• Prepare trade / private sector partnership agreements, Establish market partnerships with various levels of markets ranging from traditional markets, medium and large scale agri-processing companies ;
• Facilitate the formation of Commercial Villages and the implementation of Market Driven Agriculture Investment Programme (MDAIP)
• Ensure quality in the roll out of the Savings group (VSLA) model and oversee, guide and provide technical support to VSLA Field Officers
• Ensure tracking of VSLA group performance through the SAVIX MIS system in collaboration with the national office MIS officer/Administrator
• Mobilization of producers into groups and conducting trainings to build their capacities on group management, financial literacy, basic market skills, value chain innovation, NRM and production skills ; and facilitate smallholder farmers to access VFC financial services
• Working with relevant partners, develop/create market information systems and sensitize producer groups on how to utilize information to facilitate marketing as well as leveraging ICT4 Agriculture (ICT4 Ag)
• Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices, create a bank of pictures, videos, and most significant change stories on the project in the selected ADP, and document and report initial market assessment findings.
• Identify and build strategic linkages, relations, collaborations and networks with partners and other stakeholders in implementation as well as ensure that the Project activities are integrated or synchronized with ongoing ADP and Securing Rwanda’s Future interventions so as to ensure sustainability and avoid duplication.
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Agricultural Economics, Business Administration, Agribusiness, Social Work, Agriculture or Animal Science
• At least three years of experience in market led agriculture, agri-business, value chain development project and VSLA or marketing.
• Preferred –Knowledge of life skills development for youth.
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda & English.
• Demonstrated experience in market assessment, market analysis, market research or closely related role.
• Previous experience in research design and implementation experience.
• Strong experience in networking, community mobilization and facilitation.
• Report writing experience.
• Demonstrated experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of market development projects.
• Commitment to implementing WV’s vision and mission at all levels and in all aspects of the project.
• Relevant teamwork experience and good interpersonal skills.
• Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying onlinevia the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda email@example.com (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 3rd January 2017 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.