Programme Associate SC6 (Nutrition) at WFP Rwanda - CLOSE : 30/11/2016
More in Job Vacancies
Closing date : Wednesday, 30 November 2016
The Job holder will report to the Programme Policy Officer and is expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to various queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen operational problems on a daily basis.
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Officer Nutrition, the Programme Associate (Nutrition) will support the M&E, budget management and project coordination of nutrition interventions for all nutrition related activities, focusing on the One UN SDC project.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Coordinate and communicate with cooperating partners and liaise with government, NGOs, local authorities and other entities aimed at improving efficiency of nutrition interventions ; Specifically focus on active collaboration with ONE UN Technical Working Group and field coordinators to monitor the implementation of the ONE UN joint action plan
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, cooperating partners and the government within nutrition
• Act as a point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems within the SDC-supported nutrition program
• Assist in the development of tools and implementation of nutrition monitoring framework in collaboration with the M&E unit ;
• Assist in preparation and implementation methodology for implementing partners on the use of appropriate reporting and monitoring formats and guidelines ;
• Follow up on Implementing Partners Commodity Reporting requirements, ensure accuracy of beneficiaries’ data and food commodities and use data to validate reported indicators.
• Identify M&E capacity gaps of implementing partners collaborating in the implementation of nutrition interventions under CP/TF and PRRO, and recommend remedial actions
• Revise and implement field -monitoring plan based on agreed upon progress and target indicator sets and undertake ongoing field and desk monitoring of WFP supported nutrition interventions under the refugee assistance and Country Programme/Trust Fund.
• Undertake regular field missions to visit distribution sites to check on food availability in relation to the number of beneficiaries, rations, commodities and quantities distributed and prepare regular reports as necessary with recommendations/proposals to the programme officer nutrition
• Determine if cooperating partners adhere to criteria in targeting households, admission/discharge and estimate the level of community participation, including the adequacy of distribution mechanism
• Monitor food arrivals and verify quantity and quality of deliveries to extended points and sites ; report on effectiveness of nutrition activities, constraints and present recommendations for improvement and document good practices and lessons learned to improve the operation
• Facilitate any program operations or coordination as they arise both internally with WFP and any accompanying partners, such as payment processing, budget operations, procurement mechanisms, and event coordination and communications
• Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives : Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
• Be a force for positive change : Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
• Make the mission inspiring to our team : Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
• Make our mission visible in everyday actions : Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
• Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills : Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
• Create an inclusive culture : Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
• Be a coach & provide constructive feedback : Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
• Create an "I will"/"We will" spirit : Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
• Encourage innovation & creative solutions : Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
• Focus on getting results : Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
• Make commitments and make good on commitments : Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
• Be Decisive : Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
• Connect and share across WFP units : Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
• Build strong external partnerships : Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
• Be politically agile & adaptable : Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
• Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships : Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfil the needs of internal and external partners.
Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance
Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problems and programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers)
Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas
Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
Displays capacity to provide inputs into the development, implementation and realignment of high quality emergency programmes.
Strategic Policy Engagement w/Government
Understands and applies basic principles of engagement with government counterparts at the national or local level.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education : University Degree, social sciences, health nutrition and related domaine ;
Language : Fluency in English and working knowledge of French, with good writing skills
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
30 November 2016
How To Apply
To apply for this job, please CLICK HERE