Project Coordinator at World Vision International (Rwanda), Kigali - CLOSE : 03/01/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Reference : 5803-12N12052
Town/City : Kacyiru Sud
Application Deadline Date : 03-Jan-17
International Role : No - Only National applicants will be considered.
Duration : 1-2 Years
World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 17 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Project Coordinator. The position will be based in various locations in Rutsiro District and reporting to the Food Assistance Program Manager
Purpose of the position :
The Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure smooth operation of the Mukura Zero Hunger Project. He/she will be responsible to all field aspect for the Project in providing advice and support in planning, designing, implementing, training /guiding, monitoring and evaluation of project/ agricultural interventions. He/she will play an active role in coordination, technical assistance and advocacy with the local government, local communities, partners and other stakeholders.
Furthermore, he/she will ensure the project is implemented as per project design, log frame, plan of action and standard World Vision Cash for Work Manual. Ensuring staffs have a full understanding of technical issues related to cash for work and able to implement them in the program.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
The major responsibilities include :
• Provide technical backstopping in coordinating all CfW components including area selection, community capacity & participation and coordination
• Develop and facilitate the District Plans for Mass Campaigns and Facilitate the Development of Public Private Partnership in implementation of agricultural activities
• Facilitate formation and strengthening (group management, financial literacy, basic market skills, value chain innovation and NRM ) of Commercial Producer Groups (CPGs) and Commercial Villages (CVs) and Promote peer to peer learning among Agricultural value chain actors for bulk agricultural production and marketing and broker commercial business relationship among actors
• Develop and ensure uniform payment procedures, including documentation, approval and actual payment are maintained in the program area
• Review designs of cash for work interventions, cost estimates and labor and time-line requirements for Cash for Work activities, determining various requirements.
• Develop, build capacity and ensure field technical teams adhere to the minimum standards of Cash for Work in program area
• Develop Cash for Work programmatic guidelines and build capacity of field teams in addressing complaints and local/political interference
• Ensure cash for Work staffs receive comprehensive orientation and on-job capacity enhancement training Complete any required technical review as and when required to ensure quality and accountability, ensure all team members involved in the project are of high level of project understanding and abide to the partnership accountability protocol.
• Identify smallholder farmers training needs and facilitate farmers trainings on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and facilitate study tours
• In partnership with VFR , facilitate access to agro input by smallholder farmers and identify the inputs necessary to implement the program, with the support of the Field Supervisor
• Facilitate selection of Model Farmers, installation of demo farms for Core Value Chains, Develop and use innovative approaches in promoting rural rooted agricultural technologies,Provide inputs into overall strategic planning, donor proposal development and conduct research and studies related to agricultural value chain development and Produce case studies of market based approaches and agricultural interventions that clearly demonstrate social transformation and sustainable development
• Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices thus sharing it in agriculture magazines or news papers, create a bank of pictures, videos, aired radio programs and most significant change stories on the project in the selected ADP, and document and report initial market assessment findings.
Qualifications : Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training :
• A Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture (Crop Production, Agricultural Engineering or Animal Science),Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics.
• At least 8 years of experience in development organizations, of which substantial proven experience has been in project,with strong experience of Value Chain Development and market led agriculture, agri-business
• Experience working in partnerships with local/national NGOs.
• Experience in advocacy at the level of communities, NGOs, line departments and donor agencies.
• Experience in implementing program interventions based on rights perspective
• Good analytical skills backed by experience that spans areas such as field / action research, and field experience in program management.
• An in-depth understanding of development issues pertaining to children.
• Preferred –Knowledge of life skills development for youth.
• Fluency in Kinyarwanda & English.
• Networking, community mobilization and facilitation.
• Report writing experience.
• Commitment to implementing WV’s vision and mission at all levels and in all aspects of the project.
• Relevant teamwork experience and good interpersonal skills.
• Mature Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
How to apply :
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying onlinevia the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system,CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on wvrwanda firstname.lastname@example.org (no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is 3rd January 2017 ; no late applications will be accepted
As a child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.