Technical Advisor, TSO (Livelihoods) at World Vision Internation,Kigali-Rwanda-CLOSE:29/05/2017
More in Job Vacancies
Technical Advisor, TSO (Livelihoods)
Application Deadline Date 29-May-17
TypeFixed term, Full-time
No - Only National applicants will be considered.
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate within a jurisdiction (country or US state) where WVI is registered to operate.
PURPOSE OF POSITION :
Position provides high quality technical assistance to NOs in programme design, execution, monitoring, evaluation and scale-up of core project models in alignment with WV’s strategy and help achieve child well-being impact. Develops proposals for grant donors, individuals, businesses, institutions and/or foundations as per requests from the NOs and SOs. Position is deployed for disaster response and other requests from the clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
Policies, Standards and Guidance :
· Reviews requests for technical services from the National offices, Regional offices, Support offices and global center and develops terms of reference for provision of such expertise.
· Provides high quality technical assistance to National Offices for TA/TP and programme design, monitoring and evaluation. This would include level 1 or 2 or 3 services to the clients.
· Co-creates and develops new project models in collaboration with and as per the requests from the GC Sector Lead.
· Scale-up core project model implementation in NOs, in alignment with strategy.
· Provides technical assistance NOs to contextualize and adapt partnership guidance in consideration of their contexts.
· Conducts technical reviews and provides consulting in response to requests from NO, SO, RO or GC clients.
Staff Capability :
· Work alongside National Office staff to build understanding of WV’s global sectoral approaches and core project models.
· Provide training to clients as requested.
· Mentors and coaches technical staff in NOs, and SOs.
· Identify innovative and promising approaches in field implementation as they provide technical services to the NOs.
· Share learnings within team (sector and/or project model).
Resource Development :
· Develops winning proposals for grant donors as per specific requests from clients.
· Acts as Chief of Party or other technical staff of grant funded programmes of National offices during start-up phase.
· Provides other services based on service requests from clients.
Programme Quality/Evidence of Impact :
· Ensure NO TA and TP designs meet organizational standards.
· Influence decision makers and technical specialists in the NOs and SOs for continuous quality improvement.
· Participate in programme evaluations where requested by NO.
· Undertake quality assessments based on requests from the line management and provide necessary advise.
Knowledge Management and Communications :
· Document lessons learned.
· Contributes to organizational learning through active engagement and leadership within CoPs.
· Ensures personal ongoing professional development and growth.
Internal Relationships :
· Work collaboratively with staff in other TSO sectors, and with GC sector and ministry teams.
· Approach work with a commitment to client-service, that grows the capacity of NO clients.
External Engagement :
· Engage with external agencies as needed in the provision of technical services to clients.
· Based on requests from clients represent WV as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
· Mid-level/junior technical specialist.
· 5 years (min) field lever experience.
· Master’s degree in relevant technical area of specialization.
· Donor experience necessary.
· Practitioner/contributor Sector DME experience.
· Language skills appropriate to geographic assignment’.
· Training / adult learning as a required capability.
· Strong experience in grants acquisition and management with bilateral and multilateral donors.
· Experience both in programming, and revenue acquisition related areas.
Work Environment/Travel :
· The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.