How to change your keyboard layout on Windows 10 PC
More in Tech
Most of the time, typing with the default keyboard layout that came with your Windows 10 PC is going to be just fine ; however, if you ever want a special character to be one simple keystroke away, changing the configuration of your keyboard can be a big help.
How to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10
1. Click on the Start Menu. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click on Time & language.
4. Click on Region & language.
5. Click on the language you wish to add a keyboard layout to.
6. Click on Options.
7. Click on Add a keyboard.
8. Click on the keyboard you want to add.
How to change the keyboard layout in WIndows 10
Please note, that to change a keyboard layout using the following method, you need to have more than one keyboard layout added to your language settings.
- Press and hold the Windows key
- Press spacebar
Pressing spacebar multiple times will toggle through the list of keyboard layouts you have ; the layout you currently have selected will always be highlighted. See the image above for an example..